Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Not quite snowing yet



Christmas Day dawned with a dusting of snow. It did not last. After church , the gathered family unwrapped presents. laughed a lot , and everyone played with their toys, even the children.

In the evening , a huge turkey accompanied by mountains of vegetables , was reduced to a small hill. There were thirteen or fourteen adults, three children and one cute baby.
Later we played a game of Wise/Otherwise. Sort of Ex Libris meets Trivial . Good fun. Louis & I came second. (Louis is one of our landlords, they of the beautiful horses & scenic sunsets)
This author continued to suffer with her cold, so she has a lot of drinking to catch up.
On Christmas Eve , Michael & I went to Shusan , a town with a covered bridge and interesting Antiques/ Gift store. Very close to the Vermont border , in sight of snow topped mountains.
A very pretty village.Well kept houses, I wondered who lived there and why. I cannot write my suggested answers here in case I  decide to live here too.  Nothing to do with thiw stuffed bear , M is wrestling though!









Today we drove into Vermont , to Bennington.




No comments: