Monday, December 24, 2007

Beautiful-my new occupation.

One of my new occupations is frangipani redistribution. My first encounter with the scent of this pretty flower was at the swimming pool at the hotel we lived in when first we moved to Nakuru , Kenya. Every time I smell a frangipani flower, I am a shy nine year old, wanting to jump into the pool, waiting for my mother to tell me it is ok.
Now I find them on footpaths, gather them up, give them to women sitting a Cafe tables, bus stops......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, wish I could smell them too - takes me right back to a Qld childhood. Can't grow them in Tasmania.

Sky-Lass said...

I imagine their scent is similar to Jasmine...lovely!

Kind of you to share them with strangers.

Sarah

Anonymous said...

As a frangipani redistributor of old I can only say hurrah that you have taken up this wonderful occupation.
I miss their smell...

Thanks Lizzie - put one behind your ear for me and send us a shot ;-)

mc x