Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A few shots to start with


We had a great time in Vancouver. Thank you to those of you who sent comments, had trouble getting access to a computer to put photos up . It's nice to know you're interested!
We are now in cool & rainy Schuylerville, having spent yesterday getting to Montreal (by air) & the best part of today getting here by Greyhound from Montreal. A big hold up at the customs. A charming young Puerto Rican man did not make it back to the bus, apparently he was lead away hancuffed. Did not have the right paperwork I guess. I thought about him a lot as we had chatted to him at the station, I felt concerned for him at first, but his demeanour was such that I wondered if he was not hoping that the US government would return him home at no cost to himself! I hope that is the case.
Anyway here are a few photos
Michael found the only steam clock in the world. Well it is for the time being but I feel there may be one in Leichhardt soon! I found bananas.( don't know why I can't flip it around though!) You need them to fuel a person who might build a steam clock!













1 comment:

Karen said...

You both look well and relaxed - which is what holidays are about! Hope you didn't get your feet wet in the flooding (I really need to learn more US geography). Is there any general feeling about the current immigration issues over there "on the ground"? Take care and travel safe. K&S